7.24.2009

"Once is a Coincidence, Twice is a Lifestyle."

I hate computers. Ehhhhhh, LIES. Actually, I'm scared of them. They're shysty. They're unruly. "It's not like regular hate. It's so much more black. If [it was] a street gang I'd fucking go to war with [it] with bottles and chains." It's that brutal. For eons and eons, computers, to me, were only good for writing papers, checking email, buying big lady shoes, and ignoring friends and acquaintances who've passed my "2 years are enough to get to know you" life rule. ANYWAY, a couple of months ago, with a "gentle" push from Jaya, I took a college course to learn some rudimentary InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator skills, and to learn to get over my hatredy/fear of electroni-ie things. And so I'll stop asking Jaya to do computer-y things for me. My teacher told the class the only way to learn (and to continue learning) is to constantly fiddle around with the the programs and that is what I've been doing. HAHAHAHAHAH COMPUTER. I WIN THIS ROUND. So far, I've made the header for this thing (scroll allllll the way to the top) and this thing below for my Etsy shop:
Yes, yes. I like desaturated and muted colors. TheKMonstrosity is where I be selling somethings.
Well, the other day, Jaya sends me this fantastic picture by way of the Definatalie blog and I'm thinking, "Hmmmm, Did I forget what I was looking at BEFORE I made my header? Jebus, maybe! Nice work, lady."
By Natalie P. @ Definatalie. It IS a funny story.
This Natalie gal writes, however, how she was inspired by SOMEBODY ELSE. Woka woka. There ain't a person who hasn't copped this style. This one is by f_letter on Flickr.
Nicely said f_letter.
WITH THAT BEING SAID: On one of my last projects for my computer class I used Picasso's Guernica painting for a background, but I inverted the blacks and whites and fooled around with the size. My teacher fumbled around for a moment, trying to remember a quote. Finally, he looked at me and said, "I think it was Picasso who said something like, 'You're a genius if you can steal another artist's work.'" But then he shook his head saying, "Ignore me. I don't know what I'm talking about." I shrugged my shoulders at him and said, "I think you're calling me A GENIUS." Crickets in the room. I TOTALLLY KILLED IT.
blog comments powered by Disqus