7.19.2010

The dulcet tones of a Giant Screamer.

Do you know what I believe to be one of the last, greatest mysteries left in this stalker-y, internet-based world?

Hearing someone's voice for the first time.

A person's voice can be like a newborn baby giraffe- really sweet and adorable, but all KINDS of awkward; or it can be like some of these summertime blockbuster movies- it's maybe all right, but ultimately kind of a letdown (and definitely not worth $9 ticket price).

Annnyway, Jaya forced me to do that accent thingie that's roaming the vast halls of Tumblr. FORCED ME.

Soooo, mystery revealed; my voice is like saccharine sweet honey dripping from... hahaha, joking.

Ssscheck it out. GO AHEAD AND JUDGE ME FOR SAYING "CAR-MUL" AND NOT "CAR-A-MEL." In my defense, if I don't have to say an extra syllable, I AIN'T GONNA.

Things you might learn about me via this video:
001/ I am a fidgeter. Fidget, fidget.
002/ I'm not wearing sunglasses to be a douche. Jaya just reminded me that watching video of people not looking directly the camera is painful.
003/ I'm a looooow talker (I'm whispering right now).
004/ I'm not much of enunciator. I mean, "com-fa-toh-bull"?
005/ I be from Los Angeles, CA. REPRESENT.
006/ In order to diffuse possibly awkward and unfunny situations, I "tend' to (re: probably always) sound  like a gay choirmaster who's in love with show tunes. Trust me, you'll understand when (or if, I dunno if you want to watch this. no pressure) the second video.

Here's the list of words:
Tootsie Roll
Comfortable
Orange
Both
Tour 
Toilet
Sure
Nevada
Roof
Chocolate
Route
Drawer
Coupon 
Ramen noodles
Pecan
Caramel
Milk 
Again
Carribean
Wash
New Orleans
Crayon
Envelope
Coffee
Reese’s Pieces
Data


Kaya's "Accent." from Jaya T on Vimeo.



HOLLLLA! from Jaya T on Vimeo.


Check out Jaya's and compare. Do we sound alike?? I dunnno...

**A LITTLE FYI: I know that you can't really see it, but here's the inspiration for my hairdooooo. I've been wearing my huuurrrr like this maybe 6 out of 7 days a week. (Found on HOY Fashion).