4.30.2010

Just Another Mixtape: April Issue.

The theme for this month's [The Monthly Mixtape] was a "geek" theme. I dunno, but I wasn't reeeeeally feelin' it. Maybe it was "a little derivative" ("'A parody's always a derivative.' 'But it's not organic, you know what I mean?'" Ohhh, I LOOOVE you, Kelly and Ryan!).

Anyway, I just reposted my "Open Windows" mixtape (it's a mixtape of music you'd want to hear playing out of an 'open window'. whhhaaa? self-explanatory?!) and it's a litttttle long.

**A side note to the young babies out there: no mixtape should really exceed 12 songs. I know some whiners out there are saying, "WHHHAAA? NOOOO! I have TONS of good music that everyone has to hear!!" NEWSFLASH: No. No ones wants to hear it. Get over yourself and learn some restraint.

With that being said, mine's 17 songs long (I know, I's a hypocrite), but really it's "transitional": first half is a daytime playlist which moves into the last half (aka 'nightime'). Ohhh, that sounds pretty "derivative" doesn't it?? Click on the title to download it (good for only the next 7 days). ENJOY.

::04.2010:: Open Windows Mixtape::
001/ Talking Heads: This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)
002/ The Jam: That's Entertainment
003/ Shout Out Louds: Normandie
004/ The Futureheads: Hounds of Love (Kate Bush Cover)
005/ McLusky: To Hell With Good Intentions
006/ New Order: Age of Consent
007/ Passion Pit: Sleepyhead
008/ Hail Social: The One U Love
009/ Band of Skulls: Blood
010/ James Brown: It's A Man's World
011/ Suckers: It Gets Your Body Moving
012/ The Redneck Manifesto: The Dillon Family Dancers
013/ Band of Skulls: Cold Fame
014/ Hot Chip: Look After Me
015/ Hooverphonic: 2 Wicky
016/ The Gossip: Are U That Somebody (Aaliyah Cover)
017/ Seals and Croft: Summer Breeze


**OBLIGATORY PICTURE POST: "Future Native American"/Because my sister dressed better than me:
Jaya FINALLY to wore her awwwesome indigenous necklace (bought in Solvang) outside of her apartment and I FINALLY convinced her that magenta/hot pink was "her color." This was the conversation we had at Sephora:

Jaya: (after applying magenta lipstick): I look like a future Native American.
Me: "Future" Native American? Are you becoming Native American? So, not futuristic Native America?
Jaya: *SILENT "I HATES YOU" LOOK*


***BECAUSE I'M FEELING IT: Minor Threat's Stumped
My sister sent me this Minor Threat song a while back and I just FELL IN LOVE with it. I suggest you give this a listen, maybe when you're getting ready to step out or if you want to dance yourself out of bed. AND DANCE AND DANCE AND DANCE AND DANCE.... AND DANCE AND DANCE!

8 comments:

  1. ahhh!!:@#$ you have like the two greatest cover songs ever on this mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you being all streets ahead!

    And please make a future road trip playlist! Maybe even a futuristic road trip playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your sister are so amusing, haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that I have half the songs already. We're seriously so alike! I'm all up on mixtapes; I make them for every occasion: cleaning, getting ready to go out, road-trip, sexxing it up, reading.

    P.S. When are we hanging out? You, me, your sis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MINOR THREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yess i love this! thank you so much for posting these every month! i've been playing passion pit nonstop lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @jennifer ann.: A little FYI: I LOOOOOVE cover songs & AGREED, these are a couple of the best.

    @Gazel: Thaaaaaanks! I'm glad we're coming off as amusing and not annoying.

    @corazones rojos: Hahahah! I make mixtapes for everything tooo! One for changing in the mornings, one for driving at nighttime, and another for walking up a flight of stairs.... And we should hanging out! Flea market-ing or thrift store shopping with the master (aka you)?! DONE DEAL. Let's doooooo this.

    @thepocketrocket: MINOR THREAT!!!!!!!!

    @christina: I scream/sing "Have you seen me cry tears like diamonds?" on the top of my lungs every chance I get.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh and not to miss out on some sisterly love:

    @heebiejeebiejaya: I'M ALWAYS GONNA BE STREETS BEHIND.... I'm mean AHEAD. HAHAHAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete