9.03.2009

T-T-T-T-T-TOO Much Time on my HANDS. (A DIY project.)

ITEMS USED:
  • 1 WHITE V-NECK SHIRT
  • 1 PAIR OF WHITE CUT-OFF SHORTS
  • 1 PAIR OF OPAQUE WHITE LEGGINGS
  • 2 BOTTLES OF BLACK RIT DYE
  • PARENTS' WASHING MACHINE AND DRYER
  • 1 CUP+ OF WHITE VINEGAR
  • TONS AND TONS AND TONS OF RUBBER BANDS
PROCESS: I've done lots and lots of tie-dye projects over my young adult life and my closet is proof of my past fashion misfortunes. I have camp shirts, school projects, and personal ventures clogging up the back of my cabinets. On occasions, I wear said shirts while pattering around the house and having myself a cigarette. Anyway, here is how I got everything to where it is now: #1: I found a pair of white tights amongst my sister's shit while she was packing things away. Instead of throwing it away, I decided to hold on to it becaaaauuuuuussse I don't know. Whats can I say? I gots "hoarder disease." #2: I always have a white v-neck on hand. #3: Jaya bought white jeans on sale (like, $7) and she cut them into shorts. She actually wanted these to be tie-dyed black on white (SPOILER ALERT: tooo bad). #4: I had two bottle of Rit Black Dye to dye all my light/fugly/whiskered-colored jeans into the same homogeneous blackish color (SPOILER ALERT #2: toooo bad x 2. WOHHH WOH). So, I basically dumped #s 1-4 into the washing machine (after spending some time snapping my fingers with DUMB rubber bands), plus some vinegar, and hoped to Jebus that something came out. HOOOOOLLLLLLLAAAA! It did. You best believe that I was pumping my fist in the air for this small (smallll) victory. Hey, I don't have a lot going on in my life so I'm high-fiving every success. HIGH FIVE! Now, some worked better than others, but here it be. BOOM.:
This gives another meaning to the term "THUNDER THIGHS." I can holla at that.
This venture might qualify as #10 on my list- can "Ruining clothing" be considered a hobby? Once the v-neck and the short are dry, I'll post those pictures as well.
blog comments powered by Disqus