12.01.2010

All Good Things Must Come To An End: Part II.

Part Two: A "Happy Thanksgiving" all around, more b-days, and "OMG, it's grade school all over again".

This past weekend was RIDICULOUS on all counts.

I ate toooo much.

I bought toooo many things.

I did things that I though I would never ever have to do.

First things first:
A Belated Happy Thanksgiving to all my US comrades! Here's pictures of a couple of things we made:

The full spread:

Jaya's delicious cast iron cornbread (with even delicious-ier honey and agave butter, not pictured):

Jaya and I made a decent replication of the portobello mushroom fries that we had at Bottega Louie. Not pictured, however, is our tasty cilantro+garlic aioli dipping sauce (oh, and please note the crazy strawberry plate pattern on crazier cherry tablecloth pattern):

Second things second:
A belated Happy Birthday to my Dad!

Here's half an outfit post of my FAVORITE and MY FIRST EVER THRIFTED/FLEA MARKET-ED dress. I wore it over the weekend and I wish I had a better and fuller picture of it. 

I got this dress at the PCC Flea Market probably about 7-8 years ago and it fits me like a glove. I remember putting it on for the first time and realizing, "I never have to buy clothes from mall stores ever again."
Ohhhh, can you see something different about my face? IGOTMEASEPTUMPIERCING! I totally force myself to conquer my crippling hate of "people talking to strangers" and... of NEEDLES. I went to the nearest (and best) piercing place after work a few weeks ago and BLAM.

Third things third:
Jaya and I met up with some GRADE SCHOOL classmates, ohhh, and our 7th grade teacher!, for a small 13yr. (ugggh) reunion and it wasn't terrible. I can't believe that I'm saying that: "IT WASN'T TERRIBLE." What's even more unbelievable is that everyone still pretty much looks the same- well, except for Jaya.

Since you don't care or know anyone from my grade school, here is one of my moooost favorite pictures of me. This is me, circa 1995-96 (taken @ Mono Lake).
Shitty teenage scowl? Multi-colored stripe shirt? Stupidly oversized hoodie? It must BE THE NINETIES!!!! You can almost hear P.U.S.A and the Empire Records soundtrack playing in the background.

Fourth things fourth:
To end this "most excellent" month, one of my co-workers told me, "You're being confrontational, Kaya, but I don't mean that in a 'bad' way." YEEESSH, thanks for being a Debbie Downer, Luis- like I can take that any other way.